Orlando Magic Debut at 19 in First ESPN NBA Power Rankings of The 2017-18 Season
The Orlando Magic were suppose to be a sure fire lottery team. And now they are gaining a little upward movement in the latest ESPN Power Rankings.
The Orlando Magic began the season at spot 24. Experts predicted the team would have a lack of offensive firepower and rely on defense to win games. After a strong start to the season the Orlando Magic find themselves as a borderline offensive juggernaut. As a result they have jumped five spots in the week one ESPN Power Rankings.
The Magic’s 21-point road win over the Cavaliers was their largest road win on zero days’ rest in the past five seasons. The surprising win came a day after Nikola Vucevic became the fourth player in team history with 40 points and 10 rebounds in a game. Orlando sits 2-1 after starting 0-3 in each of the previous three seasons, something only the Magic and 76ers have done. — Vincent Johnson
The Orlando Magic are off to a strong start to the season. They feature one of the more potent offenses in the league averaging 117 points per game. The Magic are a up-tempo team built to score in transition. The biggest improvement for the team has to be their three-point shooting improvement. The team ranks second in the league converting over 48 percent of their attempts.
Noticeably in the rankings, the Magic have moved ahead of teams like the Charlotte Hornets (20), Sacramento Kings (21), Los Angeles Lakers (22) and Dallas Mavericks (23). The Magic sit just behind teams like New Orleans Pelicans (18) and Miami Heat (17).
- Are The Orlando Magic Finally Embracing A Tank To Improve Their Draft Lottery Odds 9 Mar 2018
- Strange Rule Dooms Orlando Magic In Loss To Los Angeles Lakers 8 Mar 2018
- Kobe Bryant Adds Another Win To His Resume, Seals Oscar for Best Short Film Animated 7 Mar 2018
- Analyzing the Elfrid Payton Trade and Whats Next For the Orlando Magic 9 Feb 2018
- Should the Orlando Magic Retain Elfrid Payton Past This Season? 29 Jan 2018