Terence Crawford Cemented His Boxing Legacy With Division Titles Unification
Terence Crawford is writing a boxing legacy that will place him among the all-time greats. A unification of the super lightweight boxing titles was his latest feat and a rare one.
The Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Nebraska sold out in advance of the Terence Crawford versus Julius Indongo boxing match.
And it only took three rounds for history to be made.
The 29-year-old Crawford added the International Boxing Federation and World Boxing Association 140-pound titles to his World Boxing Council and World Boxing Organization belts to unify the division titles.
Crawford hit Indongo with a right punch to the body in the last 60 seconds of the second round and barely missed with a left hook to end the round. Setting the tone early in the third round, Crawford caught Indongo with a left hook to the body that put him down for good. Indongo was unable to escape a 10 count and Crawford left the bout with a career defining win. The final punch to Indongo hurt him badly and he couldn’t get up. “When he hit me, it hurt so bad,” Indongo said. “When he hit me like that, my mind was gone.”
Crawford jumped in the air in the middle of the ring in celebration as the referee waved the fight was over.
“It means everything,” Crawford stated. “I’m the only one who can say I’m the undisputed champion of the world. That’s big because there’s nobody else who can say they’re undisputed in their weight division.”
Crawford’s legacy is beginning to turn towards one for the history books with each win.
His next opponent could come down between the winner of a rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Jeff Horn.
- Are The Orlando Magic Finally Embracing A Tank To Improve Their Draft Lottery Odds 9 Mar 2018
- Strange Rule Dooms Orlando Magic In Loss To Los Angeles Lakers 8 Mar 2018
- Kobe Bryant Adds Another Win To His Resume, Seals Oscar for Best Short Film Animated 7 Mar 2018
- Analyzing the Elfrid Payton Trade and Whats Next For the Orlando Magic 9 Feb 2018
- Should the Orlando Magic Retain Elfrid Payton Past This Season? 29 Jan 2018